Brittany is a sophmore at Toronto High School and is playing basketball this year. Our neighbor is the coach and I was talking to another parent who said they only had 11 girls and Britt should play. I wanted her to get involved in something to make some friends and to feel part of something. She was not happy with me that I signed her up. I told her to go to practice and try it out and if she didn't like it then she didn't have to go back. She came home and said she hated it but she was the 12th girl and she was going to stick out. They practiced Monday-Saturday for 2 hours each day. Britt hurt in places she didn't even know she had. Then one day at practice they were fitted for their shoes and travel outfits and when she came home she was so excited and happy that she was part of a team. I was happy for her. She worked really hard at practice and even during gym class would get extra help with shooting and other basketball plays. She plays for the JV team and even though they have only won 3 games they are improving every game. Their 2nd win was againist the catholic high school Brittany almost went to so she knew alot of the kids at the game. The game was close and Brittany made her 1st basket. Her whole team was so excited for her. I was screaming in the stands with the other moms who knew this was her first basket. That night they won by 3 points. Brittany helped with that and I am very proud of her. Her coaches are always telling her and me that she is improving and she is doing so good. We are all so proud of her.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Brittany and basketball
Brittany is a sophmore at Toronto High School and is playing basketball this year. Our neighbor is the coach and I was talking to another parent who said they only had 11 girls and Britt should play. I wanted her to get involved in something to make some friends and to feel part of something. She was not happy with me that I signed her up. I told her to go to practice and try it out and if she didn't like it then she didn't have to go back. She came home and said she hated it but she was the 12th girl and she was going to stick out. They practiced Monday-Saturday for 2 hours each day. Britt hurt in places she didn't even know she had. Then one day at practice they were fitted for their shoes and travel outfits and when she came home she was so excited and happy that she was part of a team. I was happy for her. She worked really hard at practice and even during gym class would get extra help with shooting and other basketball plays. She plays for the JV team and even though they have only won 3 games they are improving every game. Their 2nd win was againist the catholic high school Brittany almost went to so she knew alot of the kids at the game. The game was close and Brittany made her 1st basket. Her whole team was so excited for her. I was screaming in the stands with the other moms who knew this was her first basket. That night they won by 3 points. Brittany helped with that and I am very proud of her. Her coaches are always telling her and me that she is improving and she is doing so good. We are all so proud of her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment